Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates into the 3years (Regular), 4years (Weekend) NCE Programmes and 1year Pre NCE Programme of the College of Education, Warri, 2017/2018 Academic Session.
A. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS NCE
1. A Secondary School Certificate (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB) O’Level and a Grade II Teacher’s Certificate (TC II) with credit passes in Four (4) subjects at not more than two sittings including English Language and Mathematics. Two of the credits must be relevant to the course the candidate wishes to study.
2. A Grade ll Teacher’s Certificate (TC II) with Credit or Merits in four subjects, two of which must be relevant to the course the candidate wishes to offer. Credit/Merit passes in English Language and Mathematics are required for all candidates.
3. Pass in English and Literature in English are required for candidates wishing to study English Language, Theatre Art.
4. Candidate who wishes to study Computer Science, a credit in Physics is required.
5. Candidate who wishes to study Agricultural Science needs a Credit in Agricultural Science/Biology and at least, a pass in Chemistry.
6. Business Education - Credits in English, Economics or Commerce or Book keeping or Financial Accounting is required.
NOTE:Candidates with qualifications not mentioned or less than above can see the Admission Officer for advice.
B. PRE-NCE PROGRAMME
Senior Secondary School Certificate (WAEC/NECO)/NABTEB) O’Level with at least Five (5) passes at two sittings or Four (4) passes at one sitting.
C. COURSES AVAILABLE (NCE PROGRAMME)
I. SCHOOL OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCE
1. Economics/Political Science
2. Political Science/Social Studies
3. Christian Religious Studies/Economics
4. Christian Religious Studies/Social Studies
5. Christian Religious Studies/Political Science
7. Geography/Social Studies
8. Theatre Arts/English
9. Theatre Arts/Social Science
14. History/Social Studies
15. History/Political Science
17. Music/Social Studies
19. Music/Theatre Arts
20. Social Studies/Economics
21. Geography /History
22. History/Theatre Arts
II. SCHOOL OF EARLY CHILDHOOD-CARE & PRIMARY EDUCATION
1. Primary Education Studies.
2. Early Childhood Care Education.
III. SCHOOL OF ADULT & NON-FORMAL EDUCATION
1. Adult and Non-Formal Education
2. Special Education
IV. SCHOOL OF VOCATIONAL & TECHNICAL EDUCATION
1. Business Education
2. Agricultural Science
3. Home Economics
4. Fine Arts
5. Technical Education
V. SCHOOL OF SCIENCES
3. Mathematics/Computer Science
5. Integrated Science/Computer
6. Integrated Science/Biology
7. Integrated Science/Chemistry.
8. Integrated Science/Geography
15. Computer Science/Biology
17. Physical & Health Education
VI. SCHOOL OF LANGUAGES
1. English Language/CRS
2. English Language/History
3. English Language/Social Studies
4. English Language/Economics
5. English Language/French
6. French/Social Studies
7. Isoko/Social Studies
8. Isoko/English Language
10. Izon/Social Studies
12. Urhobo/Social Studies
14. Itsekiri/Social Studies
15. Yoruba/Theatre Art
Courses Available (Pre-NCE Programme)
1. Pre-Arts &Social Science
2. Pre-Vocational/Technical Education
D. METHOD OF APPLICATION
Admission forms are obtainable online at the College portal (www.coewarri.waeup.org) on payment of non-refundable fee of N2,500.
E. RETURN OF FOAMS
Completed on-line Application form print-out is to be returned to the Admission office with the following:
a. Birth Certificate or Affidavit
b. School Certificate/Result (WASC/GCE/SSCE/NECO)
c. JAMB (UTME) Result Slip (for those who wrote JAMB 2017 Exams for NCE)
d. Two recent passport photographs (Red background only)
e. Local Government Area of Origin- Letter of Identification
For further details contact the Admissions Office of the College or call 08023190045, 08155509589
Mr. Joe Enaohwo,