SCHOOL OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCE
The School of Arts and Social Sciences, College of Education, Warri, has eight (8) functional departments that run programmes towards the production of middle-level manpower for the nation, particularly in the education industry. The departments are:
1. Christian Religious Studies
6. Political Science
7. Social Studies
8. Theatre ArtsGOALS OF THE SCHOOL:
The goals of the School of Arts and Social Sciences, College of Education, Warri principally are:
1. To train teachers who will be knowledgeable, competent and creative to teach in the Pre-Primary, Primary and Junior Secondary
Schools in Nigeria. The training of these categories of teachers will focus on the development of the cognitive, affective and
psychomotor domains of learning with a view to producing teachers that are versatile in a knowledge driven society.
2. Teach values and morals that are necessary for directing individuals to imbibing the culture of hard work, discipline and integrity
through the School’s academic programmes and activities.
3. Develop individuals for self actualization and self-reliance so as to enable them contribute positively to the socioeconomic
development of the nation.
4. Prepare students for further education. Education is a life-long activity. Continued learning gives individuals opportunity to increase in their abilities to contribute in community, State and/or national programmes.
The School of Arts and Social Sciences, College of Education, Warri has a masterpiece Office Complex that houses both academic and non-academic staff. The complex has some Lecture Halls attached for the purposes of teaching and learning. The Theatre Arts Studio Complex is developed for specialised academic programme towards the production of men and women for the entertainment industries.